1. Proposals must be for projects taking place during the 2019-2020 school year led by TUSD educators for TUSD students.
2. ONLY Tucson Unified staff & educators are eligible to apply. Staff may collaborate with students and parents to apply for grant funds. However, only TUSD employees may be listed as lead educators and team members on the grant application.
3. EEF classroom grants may not be used to compensate Tucson Unified teachers or staff for any purpose.
4. Teams of educators may apply but a lead educator must be identified in the proposal.
5. EEF’s Allocations Committee reviews and evaluates all proposals on an annual basis and notifies recipients in April. Grants will be funded after July 1, 2019.
6. Proposals are awarded on a competitive basis according to the strength of their originality and thoughtfulness, available funding, and the clear articulation of their specific learning goals as they relate to curriculum enrichment.
7. Clearly state the proposed project’s learning objectives, discuss how you will achieve these objectives and how you plan to assess your effectiveness in achieving these objectives.
8. Be sure your budget is clear and understandable. Funds must be spent as stipulated in the proposal budget. All expenditures must be supported with physical receipts. Funds must supplement, not replace, state or local funds; funds cannot be used to compensate teachers or other TUSD staff.
9. New and continuing projects will be considered.